College Career & Planning
Each program at the Carroll County Career and Technology Center (CCCTC) is approved by the Division of College & Career Readiness of the Maryland State Department of Education. Curriculum standards, competency profiles, and testing are a part of these approved programs that are based on industry standards. Evaluation criteria of these standards may include safety, proficiency, accuracy, efficiency, documentation, and professionalism. Opportunities beyond earning high school credit are available for all programs at CCCTC. The criteria for qualifying for these opportunities are regulated by the certifying agency or postsecondary institution. Additional information related to these opportunities is listed in the program of studies found on the CCPS website.
CCCTC College and Career Advantage:
- Career Skills and Experience : Certification in your career field says that you have a professional organization (not just CCCTC) that verifies you have the attained skills in your career field.
- Weighted GPA: Students earn weighted GPA in programs such as Academy of Health, Biomedical Science (PLTW), CISCO, Engineering (PLTW), and Homeland Security.
- Earn College Credits: Most CCCTC programs allow students to earn from 4 up to 18 COLLEGE credits through articulation agreements and transcripted COLLEGE credits.
- Explore a career or college major: Students can explore a possible college major and/or career path BEFORE paying thousands of dollars in tuition and taking years of time to advance in a career.
- College Level Textbooks Students use college level text to prepare for post-secondary education.
- State and National Recognition SkillsUSA Competions provide students with state and national recognition.
- Lab, Clinical, and Technology Skills are needed for most of the today's college majors. It is no longer enough to ONLY have academic knowledge. CCCTC students who graduated and go on to college report back to us ALL the time how thy stand out amongst their peers and professors because of the skills and technology have acquired at CCCTC.
- Work with Industry Grade Technology Hollywood grade editing software; high-end, rapid prototype machines; Real, $80K CNC mills; professional, 6 ft banner makers; professional, AutoCAD drafting software; industry grade, DuPont paint booth; industrial grade kitchen; LED alignment system; sowing machines that are smarter (and more expensive) than a high-end computer; and so much more. Where else can you get hands-on experience with INDUSTRY GRADE TECHNOLOGY?
- Internship means real life experience. Because our students have the skills and experience, businesses are willing to let them internship. CCCTC has the reputation with many companies that if our instructors recommend a student, they are hired
Educational Career Plans are a tool students use to coordinate their academic schedule for the four years they are in high school.
They plot the courses they plan to take and keep track of the courses required for graduation as well as academy classes required for the career strand.
The ECP helps the student take those classes needed to be College and Career Ready.
ECPs are stored on the home high school's and are updated during Counselor appointments. They can also be accessed by your CCCTC counselor.
CCCTC Mock Job Interviews for CCCTC Seniors will be held on Dec 5, 2018. This experience helps students prepare for future interviews, and helps them to be more competitive when applying for jobs. Interviewers from the local business community volunteer their time, support and expertise for our students because they truly enjoy working with them, and meeting students who are excited and passionate about their perspective careers.
Students are to bring their CCCTC portfolio which includes a completed job application, resume, and artifacts featuring students’ work/projects/accomplishments. All students are to dress professionally for their interview.
Guidelines for dress
Dress pants, collared shirt, tie, blouse, skirt, dress, dress shoes, dark socks, – no jeans, flip-flops or work boots. The county-wide dress code policy will be enforced.
*Interviews are held at the Carroll County Public Safety Training Center.
Check out these Schools Sites for College and Career Planning