10th Grade: Apply
- Online Application
- Open House and Tours
- Resources (Online)
- Applying: Timeline/Process
- Getting Your Decision Letter
SEPT 7th, 2023 from 4:00-5:00 PM: INFORMAL “Meet and Greet” with our instructors
What this is NOT: This is NOT our showcase ‘Open House’ (see below) where you can see competitions, projects, presentations and so much more.
What this IS: A chance to meet our instructors and see our shops, labs, kitchens, and technology. This gets you in the building and allows you to look around at the different programs. ***Please RSVP so we know how many to expect.
OCT 19,2023: 10th GRADE OPEN HOUSE: ALL of our programs are showcased. Come see projects, competitions, presentations and all of the new renovations to our building. (Have an idea of what programs you want to visit before the Open House. (Go to the program's webpage)
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm. – CHS, SCHS, WMHS, WHS
- 7:00 - 8:00 pm – FSK, LHS, MVHS
- Informational Resources (English and Spanish)
- Program of Studies
- Choosing a Program
At CCCTC our professionally reviewed programs are designed to run as close to industry standards as possible. This is REAL-LIFE. Students and parents should review the fundamental career Abilities/Qualities, of their selected program, to ensure that industry standards of quality, professionalism, and safety can be met. Please see program specific pages for a complete list of Abilities/Qualities as well as the list of skills students will be taught. If there are any Ability/Skills that might not be able to be met by a student, please contact the school counselors at CCCTC to discuss how this might affect a student's safety and/or performance in a specific program.
Selecting a CCCTC Program1. Informal Interest Survey
2. At the bottom of each program page you will see links to career sites that tell you more about each program. Those sites also have general career selection resources for the undecided student.
- August: Emails go out to all 10th graders inviting them to apply
- September: Meet and Greet at the Career and Tech Center
- September/October: Presentations are done for 10th graders at all 7 High Schools
- ***October: 10th graders are invited to come to the Open House as the Career and Tech Center
- DECEMBER 1ST: Priority due date for 10th grade, 1st round decisions
Students who apply before Dec 1st of their SOPHOMORE YEAR will be eligible for the first round of selections. Most programs will be full with wait lists after the round is over. (Space is limited in programs, see criteria for selection below.) CCCTC will send out first round decisions by mid-January of the student's 10th grade year.
10th and 11th graders can continue to apply for programs and may be accepted based on the criteria below and as space permits. Applications may be accepted up until 2 weeks before a program starts.
- mid-January: Decision Letters mailed. See getting your decision letter, below.
Apply to the Career and Tech Center
- Click on the online application tab above to access the online application to the Career and Technology Center.
- Families without internet access should see their student's school counselor for assistance.
*Acceptance Is Based On ( see the program of studies for specific minimums)
- Rigor of Coursework
- 11th grade status when entering a program
- Other criteria such as program specific requirements and prerequisites are also reviewed.
SPACE is limited In determining which students are accepted in a program that has more applicants than seats, we score each student's transcript by looking at their overall grade point average (GPA) and their attendance. Additionally, we look at their performance in specific English, math, social studies, and science courses with consideration given to the rigor of the courses. This process results in each student being assigned a rubric score. Students with the highest scores are placed in the program.
*No other demographic information is used in this selection process.
Applications are still accepted after the initial decisions are made. If openings are available or become available, ALL students on the wait list ,for that program, are reviewed.
10th graders who apply by Dec 1st should receive their decision letter by mid-January.
Students who are accepted will be automatically scheduled for their program by CCCTC. Your school counselor will work with you to fit your other classes into your junior and senior year.
Students who are conditionally accepted will be automatically scheduled for their program, but they will be reminded of any prerequisites they must take prior to beginning their program. Please see the CCPS Program of Studies for prerequisites. Your school counselor will work with you to fit your other classes into your junior and senior year.
Students who are placed on a wait list are not scheduled for a program at this time due to one or both of the following reasons:
- There is not enough room in the program AND/OR
- The student does not presently meet the criterion to be at CCCTC as found in the Program of Studies
Note: As openings occur, prior to the beginning of a program, all students on the wait list are reevaluated for placement.
Based on a review of a student's application and school records, a student may be given provisional status. Provisional status means a space in the program is being held, but, for the student to attend, the provisions of an agreement must be met. The purpose of these actions is to increase support and improve the student's level of success as they make the transition to Career and Tech.