8th Grade: Discover
1. See what is available and how the Career and Tech is different than other schools.
- Discover CCCTC with the 8th grade STEM tours. Every CCPS eighth grader is given the opportunity to visit the Tech Center on a fieldtrip.
- Look at the program pages on this website for LOTS of information. Pay attention to the the 'Abilities/Qualities" section to see what you can do to prepare for the program you are interested.
2. Prepare for the application process..
- Make sure you are trying hard to have good attendance
- Challenge yourself to take the highest level classes in which you can find success
- Grades count, starting in 9th grade, so make sure you practice now doing such things as studying at home, completing and turning in homework, and participating in classes.
- Plan a schedule for high school classes with your parents and counselor that provides you with the necessary classes. (see the CCPS program of studies)